10 Earth Day Activities
Happy Earth Day!
In celebration of Earth Day, teachers everywhere are assigning activities for their scholars this week. Earth Day is about raising awareness about the importance of protecting our planet and taking action.
We've compiled a list of some suggested activities that can be used for students of any age. We can all do our part each and every day to keep this world clean and beautiful.
10 Earth Day Activities:
- Take a garbage bag and go outside for a nice long walk. You might want to wear some gloves for this one. Walking, bending, and cleaning…you can’t beat that!
- Chose a reusable item to replace something you generally use that is disposable. Vow to continue to avoid using the disposable item.
- Plant a tree, some flowers, or even a little garden.
- Dig out dandelions instead of spraying them.
- Make a poster with a Reduce, Reuse, Recycle theme and post it.
- Learn the names of some native plants growing in your neighborhood.
- Make a terrarium out of a recycled container from your Recycling bin.
- Teach someone how to recycle. Learn to be a better recycler.
- Find something that can be reused and donate it rather than throwing it away.
- Make an Earth Day Resolution to reduce your use of electricity, water, gasoline, or purchased goods…either as an individual or as a family.